The on line procedure for the application to the PhD Programme for the A.Y. 2020-2021, it's now open!
Admission to Doctoral Programmes is reserved for holders of a MSc Degree (Laurea Specialistica or Magistrale), or prior to the reform, or equivalent qualification - for duration and content - obtained abroad which allows to access PhD programmes in the country of origin and deemed suitable by the Admission Committee.
The exam tests required by the Competition Announcements issued by IUSS and published on the MIUR website (link) must be passed.
- Competition notice a.y. 2020-2021 (italian and english version)
- Annex PhD in Biomolecular Sciences and biotechnology
- Annex PhD in Cognitive Neuroscience and Philosophy of Mind
- Annex PhD in Understanding and Managing Extremes - NEW deadline March 16th, 2020, at 13 CET
The IUSS is located in the old centre of Pavia that is a University town with more than twelve university colleges.
The IUSS encourages international mobility through a network of integrated services offered to Professors, Scholars, Post-docs, PhDs and students coming from abroad.
The University School for Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia offers advanced international undergraduate and post-graduate programmes:
- Undergraduate courses open, on a merit base, to the most promising students of Pavia´s University.
- PhD Degrees provide an interdisciplinary point of view and exposure to cutting edge research.
How to reach Pavia
Pavia can be easily reached by train with direct connections: the most important ones are Milano Centrale (Km 40) and Genova (km 80).
The closest airport to Pavia is Milan-Linate, followed by that of Milan-Malpensa. From either of these, it is possible taking a direct bus to Pavia Train Station (this is the last stop made by the bus). There is a daily bus service from Linate airport to Pavia railway station. The bus timetable is subject to change therefore, we recommend checking it here.
Taxis can usually be found outside the train station, but the following telephone number can also be used to book one: 0382/577733.