Web Content Display Web Content Display





The University School for Advanced Study IUSS Pavia has developed an intense internationalization process since its establishment.
The attention of IUSS to the international aspect is demonstrated by the constant involvement of international students, faculty members and scholars in research and teaching activities carried out in collaboration with foreign institutions.
The promotion of study periods abroad offered to the IUSS students at qualified foreign Institutions has been facilitated by the relations of the faculty members and researchers of IUSS with foreign universities and research institutions.
International collaborations have been intensified for high-level training and research purposes.
A fundamental aspect for the creation of an international high education network is the mobility of students, instructors and researchers meant as the free movement of knowledge and resources.

Prof. Paolo Bazzurro | +39 0382-375850 | paolo.bazzurro@iusspavia.it


Paolo Bazzurro (1962) is professor of Structural Design at University School for Advanced Studies (IUSS) in Pavia.  He earned his M.S., Engineer Degree, and Ph.D. in Civil Engineering at Stanford University where he has been part-time Consulting Assistant Professor from 2001 to 2005. Before joining IUSS, he gained more than 25 years of professional experience in Europe and United States dealing with risk assessment of monetary losses caused by natural events for corporate clients, insurance companies, reinsurance companies and brokers, sovereign and local governments and other public institutions. In this period he led projects dealing with the assessment of hazard and risk caused by earthquakes, hurricanes, flood and tsunami to a variety of onshore and off shore structures located in five continents. In this period, he worked for 11 years as a Principal Engineer and Director of Risk Engineering and Analysis at AIR Worldwide where he led the risk assessment work and contributed to the design of the final risk mitigation strategies in ground-breaking projects such as CatMex and MultiCat, which supported the issuance of insured-linked securities and more traditional insurance coverage for the Government of Mexico. He also carried out the risk assessment work for the Pacific Catastrophe Risk Assessment and Financing Initiative in the Pacific Region for the World Bank, which brought to fruition the first insurance facility in that region of the world. Over the years he has also led many research and application-oriented projects for prestigious organizations such as the United States Geological Survey, the Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research (PEER) Center, and the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute (EERI), for which he led the two damage reconnaissance missions after the 2002 Molise and 2009 L’Aquila Earthquakes. From 2009 to 2015 he was the Deputy Chair of the Scientific Board of the Global Earthquake Model (GEM) and members of several others international scientific and editorial boards. From 2013 to 2018 he has been a member of the Seismic section of the Great Risks Committee appointed by the Italian Prime Minister office. He authored more than 150 refereed publications in different engineering areas.

Referring to the Article 8 of IUSS’s Statute, IUSS Pavia confirms the relevance of promoting and encouraging international cooperation between institutions of different countries and the importance of the development through the implementation of international cooperation through signed agreements between universities, research centers, national and foreign institutions.
Three principles that summarize the role of the University in this field have been formulated by the Conference of Italian University Rectors CRUI International Cooperation Commission:
1. Enrich specific training courses in Italy and partner countries, aimed at preparing professionals capable of playing a more active role in the transformation of society, thus offering a new critical vision of internationalization.
2. Stimulate research and development, meant as a strategic tool for sustainable growth through the creation of appropriate and participatory development models, the promotion of autonomous development and the development of local knowledge.
3. Promoting the role of universities as a development agent for country systems, through a capacity building process aimed at training the future leaders to increase their management, innovation, development and technology transfer skills.
One of the main academic cooperation and mobility program from which education, training and youth organizations receive support, is the Erasmus+ Programme.
Organizations participating in Erasmus+ have the opportunity to organize mobility activities within a wide and medium-term strategic framework. Through a single grant application, which covers a maximum period of two years, the mobility project coordinator can organize different mobility activities, allowing many individuals to travel abroad to different countries.
To achieve its goals, the Erasmus + Program includes three key actions.
1.Key Action 1 - Mobility for learning purposes, divided into:
• mobility of students and higher education staff;
• mobility of learners and VET (Vocational Education and Training) staff;
• mobility of pupils and school staff;
• mobility of adult education staff;
• language learning opportunities, including those in support of mobility activities.
2. Key Action 2 - Cooperation between organizations and institutions, namely:
• partnerships for cooperation and exchanges of practice, including small-scale partnerships designed to promote wider and inclusive access to the program;
• partnerships for excellence, in particular with European universities, centers of professional excellence and joint masters;
• innovation partnerships to strengthen Europe's innovation capacity;
• online platforms and tools for virtual cooperation, including support services for eTwinning (https://www.etwinning.net/it/pub/index.htm) and the electronic platform for adult learning in Europe.
3. Key Action 3 - Support for policy development and cooperation:
• preparation and implementation of the European Union's general and sectoral political agendas in the field of education and training, also with the support of the Eurydice network (http://www.indire.it/en/progetto/eurydice/) or the activities of other relevant organizations;
• support for European Union instruments and measures that promote quality, transparency and recognition of skills, abilities and qualifications;
• political dialogue and cooperation with key stakeholders, including European Union-level networks, European non-governmental organizations and international organizations in the field of education and training;
• measures that contribute to the qualitative and inclusive implementation of the program;
• cooperation with other European Union instruments and support for other European Union policies;
• dissemination and awareness activities.
Jean Monnet Actions is the part of Erasmus+ dedicated to promoting excellence in EU studies in higher education around the world.
Among the specific objectives, Jean Monnet Actions intend to:
• encourage and diversify issues related to the European Union in the curricula offered by Higher Education Institutions to their students;
• increase the quality of professional training on these issues, through modules dedicated to them or by extending them to new subjects;
• stimulate the commitment of young academics in teaching and research in this area;
• foster dialogue between academia and policy makers, in order to improve governance of European Union policies
Jean Monnet Actions support different types of activities, in particular:
• Teaching and research activities;
• Political discussion activities with the academic world;
• Support activities for associations.

The European Commission has approved the Erasmus Charter for Higher Education of the University School for Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia that is allowing the Institute to participate in the international initiatives and to compete for the funding regarding the "ERASMUS +" Program for Education, Training, Youth and Sport in the period 2021-2027.


IUSS Master and PhD students can apply for receiving financial contribution to undertake an Erasmus+ traineeship experience abroad (for a minimum period of two months to a maximum of 12 months).
The monthly contribution depends on the country destination (from 350 € to 400 €).

Application procedure: 
To participate in the Erasmus+ program, it is necessary to fill in the online application and upload the document “Description of the Internship Project” attached to the announcement and signed by the local supervisor.
2. The documentation will be evaluated by a commission nominated by a Rector’s Decree.

For information: erasmusplus@iusspavia.it

General information on ERASMUS+ Mobility for traineeships

Erasmus + Mobility for traineeships is a student mobility program which gives students enrolled in higher education institutions the opportunity to broaden their vocational and training curriculum by doing a traineeship abroad.
The traineeship abroad can last from a minimum of 2 months to a maximum of 12 months. Students receive an Erasmus+ grant as a contribution, which depends on the country destination:

Monthly Scholarship 

Country destination

€ 400,00

GROUP 1 (HIGH cost of life):

Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, United Kingdom, Sweden.

€ 350,00

GROUP 2 (MEDIUM cost of life):

Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain.


GROUP 3 (LOW cost of life):

Slovenia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Estonia, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Turkey, Hungary, Serbia


The mobility cannot exceed 12 months per study cycle. This limit of 12 months per study cycle also includes former mobility experiences under the previous Erasmus-Lifelong Learning program.
In addition to the contribution, students may also have the opportunity to access to Erasmus+ Online Linguistic Support, a tool that will help them to learn or improve the knowledge of the language in which they will work.
For further information, students are kindly invited to consult the frequently asked questions drew up by the European Commission.


IUSS Pavia offers its faculty, researchers and staff several international mobility opportunities for training, teaching and research at partner universities. Incoming staff working in any Program Country public or private organization as well as individuals in businesses invited to share their knowledge may also apply to spend a teaching or a training period at IUSS.

The expected activities are:
• teaching periods: this activity allows teaching staff from higher education institutions or company staff to go to teach at a partner higher education institution abroad. Staff mobility for teaching can include any subject area / academic discipline.
• training periods: this activity supports the professional development of teaching and non-teaching staff of higher education institutions in training events abroad (excluding conferences) and observation periods in work situation / observation periods / training at a partner higher education institution, or other organization of interest abroad.

In order to apply to the Erasmus+ funds, IUSS staff needs to fill the online application form, and upload the following documentation:

- description of the teaching/training project attached to the announcement respectively for teaching and for training;

- mobility agreement for teaching or mobility agreement for training specifying the formal recognition provisions and rights and obligations of each party (Annex 2) that has been signed by the Erasmus+ coordinator, the staff member and the host institution.

The documentation will be evaluated by a commission designated by a Rector’s Decree, as long as funds remain available.

General information about ERASMUS+ Mobility for staff

The Erasmus+ programme supports both teaching and training periods at Higher Education Institutions abroad.
Individuals working in the Higher Education sector and individuals in businesses who intend to share their knowledge of a given sector, subject or issue, or carry out an internship in a higher education institution, have the possibility to apply for a grant for a teaching or training experience at an education institution in an Erasmus+ Program country.

The period abroad for both teaching and training mobility must last a minimum of two days to a maximum of two months, excluding travel time. In addition, the teaching activity has to comprise a minimum of eight hours of actual teaching activity per week (or any shorter period of stay).

Financial contributions
The mobility grant consists in a contribution for travel and living expenses for the period of teaching or training abroad. The reimbursement will be issued on the basis of the contribution to unit costs.

Travel grant’s maximum is  set according to the distance between the sending institution and the receiving one, and it must be calculated using the Distance Calculator tool supported on the European Union’s website. It is necessary to indicate the distance of a one-way travel to calculate the amount of the grant that will cover the round trip.

The individual support is a contribution towards all other costs, including travel, accommodation and meals. The amount varies on the basis of duration and destination of the stay, according to the maximum reported on the call.

For further information regarding staff teaching and training opportunities please refer to the FAQ on the  Erasmus+ for Higher Education Students and Staff.

IUSS Pavia, as part of the University's internationalization process and with the aim of developing joint research and teaching activities, promoting also the exchange of faculty members and students, establishes academic collaboration relationships with prestigious foreign universities through the signature of exchange agreements.

International European and non-European mobility is an instrument for didactic, formative, personal and cultural enrichment and for the creation of transversal and competitive knowledge.
IUSS Pavia offers to students, faculty members, researchers, research fellows and technical-administrative staff the opportunity to spend a period abroad at foreign European and non-European institutions with whom exchange, academic cooperation and scientific research agreements have been signed.
For some motilities, travel expenses will be reimbursed or scholarships will be paid by our University, awarded on the basis of a selection.



Application form 

For further information, contact international.relations@iusspavia.it



IUSS Pavia has developed an intense internationalization process since its establishment.
The attention of the IUSS to the international aspect is demonstrated by the constant commitment to involve students, professors and scholars from abroad in research and teaching projects and activities carried out in collaboration with foreign institutions.
Visiting Professor is a full or associate professor or a highly qualified scholar, belonging to an Italian or foreign university or research center or higher education, called to the IUSS to carry out teaching or co-supervision of doctoral activities, possibly jointly with research activities, for a period of between one and 12 months.
As Visiting Scholar (i.e. a full or associate professor or professor with a role comparable to a researcher) member of an Italian or foreign University or research center or higher education, called to the IUSS to carry out mainly research activities for a period of maximum 12 months, unless otherwise justified by a special request.
As Junior Visiting Scholar (i.e. a scholar, including PhD students and post-doc) also not in
possession of a teaching positions, belonging to a university or research or advanced training center both
from Italy or abroad, called to the IUSS to carry out mainly research activities 
for a maximum period of 12 months.


Depending on the nationality and duration of the visit, foreign professors, researchers and students coming from outside Europe, will have to apply for an Italian visa to legally enter Italy.
Applications must be submitted to the Italian Consulate or Embassy in the foreigners’ home country of residence.
To find out if it is necessary to request a visa, it is possible visiting the Visa for Italy database.
To request an Italian scientific research’s visa at Italian Consulate or Embassy, it is necessary to present the following documents:
• a recent picture passport-size;
• passport whose expiration date is six months longer than the required visa’s expiration date;
• for visits to Italy longer than three months for scientific research purposes, it will be necessary to obtain the "Nulla osta" for scientific research (authorization) issued by the SUI “Sportello Unico per l’immigrazione” which is located at the town/city’s Prefecture;
• documentation certifying that the applicant is a researcher at a foreign university or research institute (for short stays);
• agreement (in Italian “convenzione di accoglienza”) duly signed by the applicant and the Italian University or Research Institute.
IUSS will apply for the "nulla osta" at the SUI.
The Agreement “convenzione di accoglienza” defines the research project, previously approved by the Class / Senate / BoD as host organization.
To prepare the agreement, IUSS will need to receive the following documents / information:
passport of foreign visiting Professor/Researcher;
•    academic title (degree, PhD, etc.), University that has issued such title and the date on which the title was obtained;
•    title and duration of the research project to be carried out at IUSS;
•    a statement issued by the home university regarding any salary / scholarship during the stay in Italy;
•     declaration of accommodation (contract, hotel booking, declaration of hospitality of a college).
The Italian law on immigration requires that extra-EU citizens, planning to stay in Italy for more than three months, must apply for the residence permit within eight working days from their arrival in Italy.
Extra-EU citizens have to submit the residence permit application at any post office where there is a “Sportello Amico” counter. In order to collect the application kit and for support in filling out the application form, students will be able to go to “CAF patronati” offices located in different locations in the town.
The service is free of charge.
First, it is necessary to collect the following documents (the photocopy must be in A4 format):
1. copies of the pages of your passport containing your personal data, your visa for Italy, pages containing stamps and other visas;
2. copy of your Codice Fiscale (fiscal code);
3. copy of the IUSS Pavia invitation letter with the course you are enrolled in, which has to be stamped by the Italian Consulate/Embassy in your country - when your visa was issued;
4. a € 16 duty stamp – you can buy it at the Tobacconist’s (Tabacchi shop);
5. copy of a document proving that you have sufficient income to live in Italy; if you have a scholarship, you have to submit a copy of the letter stating the amount of scholarship;
6. copy of the receipt of the Health insurance;
7. accommodation declaration issued by the University College or copy of the rental contract of apartment
After filling out the application form, you will be able to send it at any post office where there is a “Sportello Amico” counter, within a maximum of to three days. 
The postal expenses amount is € 30,00 for sending the envelope with “Assicurata” but you will be requested to pay € 70,46 in order to obtain the electronic residence permit card (the payment slip is inside of the kit/envelope).
The Poste Italiane employer will check your passport (remember not to seal the envelope of the kit!) and he/she will give you a receipt containing a USER ID and a PASSWORD.
You always have to bring with you the postal receipt or at least a copy of it, together with your passport until you receive your electronic residence permit.
At the post office, you will receive the appointment (day and time) for going to the Immigration Office at the Police Headquarter (Questura) in order to be fingerprinted.
At the immigration office, you will have to submit four pictures passport size and all documents in hard original copies you have enclosed, in copies, into the kit, including any other document that could be missing in your application.
During such appointment you will receive and have to sign “the integration agreement”. Through the signing of the integration agreement, foreigners undertake to achieve specific integration objectives that shall be fulfilled during the period of validity of residence permits:
- acquire a sufficient knowledge of the Italian language;
- acquire a sufficient knowledge of civic culture;
- guarantee the fulfilment of compulsory education to minors.
Within one month from the signing of this Agreement, there is a free-of-charge participation in a one-day training session on civic education and information about life in Italy. 
Failure to attend the session on civic education and information about life in Italy will result in a reduction of fifteen out of the sixteen credits awarded upon signing the Agreement 
Usually about 2 months after the fingerprints appointment, it is possible to collect the residence permit at the Immigration Office.
Using the USER ID and the PASSWORD (without the hyphen) on your postal receipt, you will be able to verify the status of your application on the following website www.portaleimmigrazione.it (go to “Area riservata stranieri” area, then fill in your PASSWORD and USER ID).
You can also check the status of your application on this link: http://questure.poliziadistato.it/stranieri/?mime=1&lang=EN filling in the empty space with your PASSWORD (the one on your postal receipt) always without the hyphen.
People with dual nationality (Italian or EU/ExtraEU) do not need to apply for the residence permit.
How to enter and leave Italy after applying for the first residence permit
Holders of the postal receipt for the first residence permit application can leave and re-enter Italy regularly only with a valid (not expired) multi–entry visa for Italy (D visa). 
They have to be back to Itlay to the same airport which they have left from Italy.
BE CAREFUL: starting from the 5th of April 2010 the multi-entry D visa entitles its holder to visit Schengen countries for 90 days every 180 days, provided that the visa is still valid.
In any case, for travelling to other countries that are not part of Schengen, once you are in Italy, you are strongly recommended to verify with the embassy/consulate of the country you are planning to go to, if you need a visa for entering, according to your citizenship and your current residence.
If you are an extra-UE citizen you will be able to renew your residence permit within 60 days before its expiration date.
It is strongly recommended to apply for the stay permit’s renewal before its expiration date.
Even for stay permit’s renewal, in order to collect the application kit, you can go to at any post office and for what is concerning the support in filling in the application, you can go to “CAF patronati” offices located in different location in town.
It is necessary to collect the following documents (the copies must be in A4 format):
1. copy of expiring or expired original stay permit (permesso di soggiorno);
2. copy of double-sided of the expiring/expired residence permit;
3. copies of pages of your passport containing your personal data, your visa for Italy, pages containing stamps and other visas;
4. copy of IUSS Pavia’s invitation letter with the course you are enrolled in, which has to be stamped by the Italian Consulate/Embassy in your country - when your visa was issued;
5. a € 16 duty stamp – you can buy it at the Tobacconist’s (Tabacchi shop);
6. copy of a document certifying that you have sufficient income to live in Italy; if you have a scholarship, you have to submit a copy of the letter stating the amount of the scholarship;
7. copy of the receipt of the Health insurance;
8. accommodation declaration issued by the University College or copy of the rental contract of apartment
After filling out the application form, you will be able to send it at any post office where there is a “Sportello Amico” counter, within maximum two to three days. 
The postal expenses amount is € 30,00 for sending the envelope with “Assicurata” but you will be requested to pay € 70,46 in order to obtain the electronic residence permit card (the payment in slip is inside of the kit/envelope).
The Poste Italiane employer will check your passport (remember not to seal the envelope of the kit!) and he/she will give you a receipt containing a USER ID and a PASSWORD.
You will be given again an appointment for going to the Immigration Office for being fingerprinted.
How to enter and leave Italy after applying for stay permit’s renewal 
Holders of postal receipt for stay permit’s renewal request can leave and enter Italy, provided that:
· they have the passport, postal receipt of stay permit’s renewal request and original of the expiring/expired residence permit;
· travel does not include transit through Schengen Countries.
Even in this case, for travelling in the Schengen Area and in other countries, you are strongly encouraged to verify with the embassy/consulate of the country you are planning to go to, if you need a visa for entering, according to your citizenship and your current domicile.
The Fiscal Code (Codice Fiscale) is a code made up of letters and numbers on the basis of your first name, family name, date and place of birth and it is used by the Public Administration to identify the citizens living in Italy. All those living in Italy need to have their own.
It is possible to obtain it at the Italian Embassy/Consulate of your country.
Otherwise, it is possible to receive it at the local IVA Offices (Uffici Locali dell’Agenzia delle Entrate), bringing along the form filled in, the passport / Identity Card and a photocopy of it.
The Fiscal Code is necessary to enrol at IUSS Pavia, to apply for the residence permit, to open a bank account, to enter into a tenancy agreement, to receive the payment of a scholarship, to earn a salary and carry out other procedures/activities.
Income Revenue Authority Office, in Italian “Agenzia delle Entrate” is open from Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 12.30 pm. On Tuesday and Thursday, it is also open in the afternoon, from 2 pm to 4 pm.
If the Codice Fiscale is lost or stolen, a duplicate can be requested at the local Income Revenue Authority Office.
The Italian immigration law requires you to take a health insurance during your stay in Italy.
 If you buy a private insurance in your country, in order to be valid in Italy for obtaining the stay permit, it needs to have the following requirements:
it has to be entitled with the holder’s name (in western characters);
it has to be written in Italian (or in English, French, Spanish);
it is valid in the Schengen Area/Italy;
it states the exact coverage period (it must be not less than six months and maximum one year; notice that the duration of the residence permit will be connected to the duration of the insurance);
it must be clearly indicate the type of coverage for the medical expenses and it must have € 30.000 ceiling (expressed/converted in Euros);
The whole document has to be endorsed and stamped by the Italian Embassy/Consulate in your country.
As an alternative, once in Italy, you can buy a private insurance through an Italian insurance company that will cover urgent medical assistance (surgery and accidents) in the Emergency of any Italian Hospitals (Pronto Soccorso).
Otherwise, upon the arrival, it is possible to buy the Italian National Health Service insurance (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale - S.S.N.). Currently, the cost for students is around € 150,00/year.
Payment is valid for a calendar year, that is up to December 31st when the payment has been made. 
To obtain the National Health Service insurance, first you have to pay € 150,00 at any post office filling in a postal bulletin using the following details: Regione Lombardia - Servizio Sanitario Nazionale - c/c n° 379222. 
Then, after submitting your residence permit application, you have to go to the dell’ATS Office located in Viale Indipendenza 3, in Pavia (A.T.S. is the local administrative and operative facilities of the National Health Service) and apply for the subscription, submitting the following documents in copies: your passport, the residence permit receipt, the paying-in slip receipt of € 150,00 and the enrolment certificate at the IUSS Pavia.
National Health Service (Servizio Sanitario Nazionale) provides full health assistance - including the possibility to choose a family doctor. In the Italian health system, the family doctor gives general or 1st level health assistance, i.e., health care outside the hospital, hence including medical treatment in case of ordinary diseases or no-emergency health problems, and prescribes medicines and tests.
For additional information, please visit ATS Pavia website.
IMPORTANT: the Italian entry visa for tourism does not allow enrolment in Italian universities and the obtaining of a stay permit for study purposes.
Before leaving your country, if you purchase there a health insurance (that must be valid in Italy and cover the risk of illness, accident, maternity, civil liability in case of accident), you have to take it to the Italian Embassy/Consulate together with the other requested documents to obtain Italian visa and make sure that a stamp is put on it to confirm and certify its validity. Without the Embassy/Consulate’s stamp, once arrived to Italy, you should be obliged to purchase another insurance, because foreign insurances not validated by the Italian Embassy cannot be accepted to obtain a residence permit.
Concerning rental costs, they can change depending on the zone where a student lives in Pavia:

Example of expenses

Cost (€)

University Refectories

4,00-6,50 €

Sharing room in a flat

250,00-350,00 € month/per person

Entire not shared flat

400,00-600,00 €/month



Public transports


For more information about fares

1,30 € (urban ticket valid for 60 minutes)


For further information about local transports, please, visit the Autoguidovie website


EDiSU (Ente per il Diritto allo Studio Universitario) is the institution that manages university colleges and university canteen in Pavia.
For more information, please visit the following website

European citizens (coming from countries that belong to the European Union) from April, 11th 2007 are not required to apply for the residence permit.
They must register at the registry office (l’ufficio dell’ Anagrafe) of the town of residence, provided that their stay in Italy lasts longer than 3 months.
They have to provide the “Anagrafe” office of the Municipality with an "autocertificazione” (self-declaration) stating their enrolment at IUSS Pavia, a statement concerning the income and a valid health insurance.
Students coming from a European Union member countries, who have the TEAM card or the E106 Form (statement of the original European Health Card issued by their country), can have access to the same services as the Italian citizens, offered by the Italian National Health Service (SSN).
The assistance of a family doctor is guaranteed if you have an ID card (identity card) and the original European Health Card (TEAM) or a substitutive statement (Modello E106). In this case it is possible to go directly to a family doctor affiliated with the National Health Service, both for health problems and/or to ask for medical prescriptions. The ATS (Local Health Authority) will request the reimbursement to the competent foreign institution, according to the rules of the National Health Service of the stundet’s home country.
The list of doctors is available at ATS offices.


IUSS Pavia jointly organizes with University of Pavia two international Master Degree Program taught in English:
- Master Degree in Psychology, Neuroscience and Human Sciences 
- Master Degree in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards (CivRisk)
Even IUSS Ph.D. courses are taught in English and they are attended by a large number of selected international students from all over the world
International mobilities, Erasmus+ mobility for student Traineeship and the Erasmus+ mobility for staff - training and teaching - for the academic year 2020/21, are confirmed.
Due to the covid-19 emergency, it is strongly recommended to check all relevant information regarding incoming mobilities on the host universities’ website.
Since the current Covid-19 emergency is still in place in Italy and in many EU and non-EU countries, outgoing students must:
verify possible health risks in the hosting country on the Foreign Ministry “Viaggiare Sicuri” website (http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/), frequently consulting the Country page and the section about health conditions;
get information about the development of COVID emergency’s situation regarding incoming mobilities written on the host University’s website;
it’s mandatory to read carefully the information sheet and subscribe the declaration of risk assumption
Health Insurance Card
Before leaving, students must check with the local ASST the validity in the host country of the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) and get information about possible health risks in the hosting country, prophylaxis measures to take before leaving, necessary vaccinations and to get sanitary certificates, if the host country requested them.
Virtual mobilities
Due to the measures adopted for the COVID-19’s emergency, mobilities can start in “virtual” mode and they can be completed with a period of activity in presence abroad (physical mobility).
If the epidemiological emergency does not allow participants to complete their mobilities with a period of physical activity abroad, the entire period of virtual mobility will also be considered eligible. Full recognition will be guaranteed for all activities carried out both in virtual and in physical mobility.
Concerning the Erasmus+ scholarships, University School for Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia, in accordance with the European Commission’ indications, will not award any economic contribution for mobilities carried out in virtual mode.
Erasmus+ scholarships are provided only for those mobilities concerning the period effectively spent abroad at the host University.
Declaration of risk assumption and disclaimer