Riccardo Pietrabissa (1956) is Full Professor of Industrial Bioengineering since 2001 and Rector of the University School for Advanced Studies IUSS Pavia since 2019.
Graduated in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Pisa (1981), PhD in Bioengineering (1987), he carried out research and teaching activities in the field of biomaterials, biomechanics and design of implantable medical devices. He has published over 90 journal articles and three books.
From 1990 to 2019 he was an academic staff member at the Politecnico di Milano where he founded the Laboratory of Biological Structure Mechanics (LaBS) in 2000, the patent office and the technology transfer office (2002), he was Vice-Rector of the Lecco Campus (2005-2010) where he created the Campus Point research center and started building the University Campus.
At CNR he was Director of the ICT Department and of the Production Systems Department (2011-2012), member and subsequently Vice President of the Scientific Council.
He contributed to the foundation (2002) and was President until 2013 of Netval, the Association of Universities and Research Institutes for the valorization of research.
Since 2016 he is President of the Eucentre Foundation in Pavia.
Other roles and info:
· (2003-05) Board Member of IMT Institute for Advanced Study, Lucca
· (2006-07) Member of the Internal Evaluation Committee, Area Science Park, Trieste
· (2010-16) President, Italian National Group of Bioengineering (GNB)
· (2011-19) Member of the Technical Scientific Committee, Consortium for Bioengineering and Medical Informatics, Pavia
· (2012-13) Member of the Evaluation Committee, Università degli Studi di Brescia
· (2012-19) Member of the Technical Scientific Committee, Consortium CETMA, Brindisi
· (2013-17) President of the Technical Scientific Committee, AREA Science Park, Trieste
· (2013-19) Member of the Evaluation Committee, Università di Milano Bicocca
· (2014-18) MIUR representative in the Board, Consorzio Interuniversitario Istituto Nazionale di Biosistemi e Biostrutture
· (2018-19) Member of the Board, Associazione Italiana per la Ricerca Industriale (AIRI)
· (2013-16) Scientific Director, CSMT, Brescia
· (2015-16) Deputy Rector for Innovation and Technology Transfer, Università di Brescia
· (2017-…) Member of the Working Group on third mission and social impact, ANVUR
· (2010-14) Scientific Advisor, The European House-Ambrosetti
· (2004-19) Member of the Board of Directors of Italcert srl, Quantica Sgr, Genport Srl, Consorzio Milano Ricerche, Fondazione Lorenzini, Fondazione Inphotec
· (2009) Winner of Bridge Award for the European Promotion of technology transfer and innovation
· (2016) Winner of the first edition of the Research Transfer Award