Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all classes will be delivered on remote mode through - except some cases - and they will be recorded, at Professor's discretion.
If classes will be in presence:
- the access to the School will be allowed only to students who have been registered to the course;
- temperature will be measured to each student;
- each student must fill a self-declaration about not having COVID-19 symptoms
We would like to remind you that everyone must keep the 1 mt safe distance while they are in the School and wear the mask.
During the exams (if in presence):
- everyone must wear the mask;
- there should be 2 mt safe distance between the interviewer and the examined
- the examined could be without mask if he/she keep 2 mt safe distance from the commission: at the end of the discussion, microphone must be sanitised;
- commission's members should sit 1 mt apart
Rooms' daily sanitisation and ventilation are guaranteed.
- - - - - - - - - -
Due to insurance reasons, you have always to submit the application for the missions, even if you are not claiming for the reimbursement.
In order to obtain the needed authorization, you must submit the application for the mission at least 2 weeks before the date of departure.
In order to apply, please go on U-Missioni website, through the following link https://iusspavia.u-web.cineca.it/appautmis and follow the guidelines for the request submission.
MISSIONS USING 10% RESEARCH BUDGET
The procedure is very alike/similar to “budget for mission”, except from one important difference: you must select your doctoral Coordinator as Responsible for the Mission. She/He will select the 10% budget as funding to be used and will give the due authorization.
Briefly, see below the main information you have to provide:
- Type of request: BUD10_mission paid by budget 10%
- Responsible: Name of the Doctoral Coordinator
- Project: leave it empty. The Coordinator will select the budget 10% funding during the authorization process.
The system automatically will also send an authorization request to the Dean of the Department.
If you have any enquiries about the Mission, please write to email@example.com.
In order to spend a period abroad, you have to ask for the authorization to the Academic Board, through the dedicated form, along with the invitation letter from the hosting institution and a letter from your Supervisor.
All the documents have to be sent at least 1 month before the departure date to the PhD Coordinator (in copy, firstname.lastname@example.org), who will be in charge to present the request to the Academic Board.
N.B.: The increase of the fellowship is usually paid by the end of the period abroad, against a formal letter signed by the research Supervisor of the hosting institution. For any stay longer than 4 months, the scholarship increase can be paid every 2 months, against a formal letter signed by the research Supervisor of the hosting institution.
RESEARCH PERIOD/RESEARCH IN ITALY
In order to spend a research or study period at an Italian Institution which does not have any agreement with the School, you must ask for the authorization to the Scientific Board, against an invitation letter from the hosting institution and a letter from your Supervisor.
RESEARCH BUDGET (10%)
Starting from the 2nd year, to all the PhD students is assigned a budget of 1.534,33 euros for research activity. This budget has to be used for activities related to the PhD purpose, according with the Regulations.
Examples of the allowable expences:
- Registration/enrollment to conventions and conferences;
- Missions in Italy and abroad;
- Consumables for lab activities;
- Small items;
The use of Budget 10% is linked to previous authorization from both the PhD Coordinator and the Head of the Department, prior Supervisor’s approval – when required.
For further information, please see “Regulation for Doctoral Courses – Title III”.
CERTIFICATE AND SELF-DECLARATION
Certificate of enrolment
Certificate of enrolment with curriculum
Degree certificate with curriculum
Certificate for release/renewal of permit of stay
Requests to obtain certificate and other documents without revenue tax
D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.14
In order to request a certificate, this FORM should be sent – filled and signed – to email@example.com. Payment of a revenue tax is needed for certificates request form if the certificate requires the revenue tax (1 revenue stamp for the request + 1 revenue stamp for each certificate).
Certificate without revenue tax:
• Application for degree courses – both with/without admission test
• Application for subsidies or to be admitted to Charity Institutes and related documents (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.8)
• Compulsory Social Insurances (INPS; Cassa Mutua, etc…) and related controversies (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Artt. 9 e 12)
• Family allowences (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.9)
• Scholarship or grant achievement (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.11)
• Exempt from scholastic taxes, books vouchers, pupils transport, school canteen – compulsory school (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.11)
• Retirement controversies (D.P.R. 26/10/1972 n. 642 Tabella Art.12)
• Documents for job controversies, both for private or government jobs (Art. 10 Law 11/08/1973 n. 533).
• Release of residence card for UE citizens (Art. 5, comma 7, DPR 54/2002).
Self-Declarations must be used to certify your position towards Italian Public Administrations and/or Managing Insitutions of italian public services (except for immigration procedures managed by Questura and Prefettura). Self-declarations – both in Italian and English – can be printed through your IUSS Personal Area.
If you are pregnant, the PhD programme will be suspended for 5 months. You should send to the Postgraduate Office a communication within the end of the seven month of pregnancy. You are also required to provide the original medical certificate, issued by a gynaecologist, attesting the estimate date of birth.
You could ask for flexibility: you could abstain from work 1 month in advance since the estimated date of birth, as well as after 4 months after childbirth. Starting from January 1st, 2019 you could work until the day before giving birth and abstain from work for the next 5 months. In order to do it, you should send (not before the seven month of pregnancy) an original medical certificate, issued by a gynaecologist from National Health Service - Servizio Sanitario Nazionale - or a gynaecologist which is part of the state run health care (Hospital, ATS, family counselling).
This medical certificate should provide:
- The estimate date of birth;
- The indication of the gynaecologist that you are able to work for the whole eighth month of pregnancy (or a part of it; or until the day of the childbirth), without any health problems, neither for the baby.
The Phd scholarship holder, registered to the INPS as self-employee – Gestione Separata - and without any other compulsory insurance (Enpam, Enpav, ecc…), could take advantage from INPS maternity allowance. In order to obtain it, you should submit a specific request (for more details, please visit INPS website.