The ROSE Centre presents strong synergies with different institutes based in Pavia, such as the University of Pavia, the Eucentre Foundation and the GEM Foundation.
The synergy between the IUSS Pavia and the University of Pavia allows the joint granting of the PhD degree and has led to the recent addition of the joint Master's Degree in Civil Engineering for Mitigation of Risk from Natural Hazards.
The Eucentre Foundation, which has been affiliated with IUSS Pavia for years, finds direct feedback within the ROSE Center for what concerns the evaluation and mitigation of the seismic risk. Specifically, the activities include training, joint research, supervision of students by Eucentre Foundation researchers and agreement for the use of experimental infrastructures.
The GEM Foundation is a public-private initiative, hosted at the Eucentre Foundation, which carries out research on a global scale in the field of integrated seismic risk. The research group of the GEM Foundation represents a possible source of educational, research and internship placements for students of study programmes that relate to the ROSE Centre.
At the international level, the ROSE Center has a series of agreements for the exchange of professors, researchers and students (with recognition of credits and exemption from the payment of contributions at the host university) in the field of seismic risk reduction, especially in the area of earthquake engineering and seismology. In particular, agreements are in place with the following Universities:
- University of California, Berkeley, USA
- University of California, San Diego, USA
- State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
- Imperial College London, UK
- University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- North Carolina State University, USA
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Cincinnati, US
- Universidad Tecnica Particular de Loja, Ecuador
- Tongji University, China
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Université Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France
- University of Patras, Greece
- Middle East Technical University, Turkey